Every week, the Actuary.com Employment Blog reviews top career articles to help you soar professionally. This week, we turn our focus to termination and job-hunting.
- Ask A Manager: I Was Fired For Taking Initiative (And Undermining My Manager)
When does taking initiative turn into undermining your manager? This reader found out the hard way.
- Do I have to disclose that I was fired?
Looking for a new job after being terminated? Take HR Lady’s advice on how to move past it.
- So, You Just Got Fired—Was it Wrongful Termination?
While employment law varies from state-to-state, this article outlines a few ways that your termination may have been illegal.
- Five Signs Your Boss Is Threatened By You
Believe it or not, it happens. Managers can often resent their employees. Learn the telltale signs of a threatened manager, and what to do about it.
- Should You Tell Your Boss You’re Interviewing for a New Job?
You have a great deal and admiration for your boss. So should you tell them your interviewing for a new job?
Looking for a new job? Sign up for a free job seeker account at Actuary.com for access to the newest and freshest opportunities available!